Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Starting off

First Words

1/15/2014

It is only a matter of time before I take off on my first big excursion out of the country. I pack up and fly to Florence, Italy in less than two weeks now. There are still many last minute errands to run and things I need to finish before I leave, but I am keeping a zero stress attitude because I know it will all get done.

This all seems surreal to me, it is a dream come true to have to opportunity to study abroad in Europe. People ask me if I am ready, and I tell them I am unsure what ready truly means. What is ready when you are going to be in a different country, away from you family, and closest friends for four months?! It will be a challenge, but also an exciting adventure.I look forward to experiencing new cultures, seeing the beautiful art works of the Renaissance, visiting grounds of ancient history, painting the city scape's of Florence and much much more.

This opportunity only exists because I took a chance, sent in my study abroad application and applied for a scholarship. A huge thanks goes to Athena Study Abroad for supporting my volunteer efforts and interest in study abroad and awarding me the Michele Iavagnilio Charitable Service Scholarship of $8,000! I wanted to travel to Europe, and Athena made it financially possible. http://athenaabroad.com/programs/decision-helpers/blogs/entry/spring-2014-scholarship-recipients 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment