Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Today I Depart Tomorrow I Arrive

The 28th of January is finally here! My adventure to Italy finally begins! I did not sleep a wink last night, tossing and turning in anticipation. My mind was spinning with excitement, fears, and hopes.

I will say goodbye to my home in Gasport, NY today and enjoy a lovely 2 hour drive to the Toronto airport with my parents. There I will wait around for a couple hours and hopefully be in the air after 7:45pm! I will arrive in Munich Germany at 10am (4am east coast time) explore the airport during my 5 hour layover, and fly into Florence at 3pm. After arriving at 4:15 I will need to call a taxi to take me to the Lorenzo de Medici Headquarters to pick up my apartment key, from there I will most likely walk 7 minutes to my apartment where I will be staying for the next 4 months!

Lots to think about on the plane ride over, maybe I will practice some Italian. Most likely I will set some travel goals and hopefully get some sleep. Please send prayers my way for safe travels!

See you on the other side of the Ocean. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment