Friday, February 14, 2014

ROMA


This Past weekend I traveled two hours south of Florence with a school group to the wonderful City of Rome. Over the course of two days I visited: the Flavian Amphitheater (Colosseum) , the Roman Forum which included the Arch of Titus, the Arch of Constantine, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, a tour through the Vatican Museum and St. Peters Basilica and enjoyed a typical four course roman meal. 

I was completely awe-struck multiple times, very often in Rome you will be walking on a sidewalk, turn a corner and be taken back by a hidden historical building. I just could not get over the fact that I was walking on the same ground where people have walked for thousands of years! My inner art-history nerd came out at the Vatican Museum when I had to tell my friends everything I had learned in art-history the semester before. 

If you have not traveled to Rome, I absolutely 100 percent recommend it!!!! Here are a couple other photos that I snapped. 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment