Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Florence is where it's at



Traveling around Italy on the weekends has been amazing, and I do not want anyone to get the impression that Monday through Friday is lame. It is quite on the contrary! Florence itself has enough sights to see and places to eat to last a life time, one of them being the Pizzale Michelangelo. 

The Pizzale Michelangelo overlooks all of Florence. It is quite a calorie burning hike to reach the top, but it is beyond worth the work for the view. After a ten minute climb to the top of the stairs (five minutes is a long time to be walking up stairs) I turned to the left and saw all of Florence in one gaze. 


 A musician was strumming his guitar to some John Mayer, people were chilling on the steps, and others were just taking in the view. When it gets a bit warmer and is consistently sunny my friends and I plan on going there for afternoons at a time to relax and enjoy being in Florence.


My friend Cate and I
 Another weekday, my roommates and I walked to the river to find the best gelato place. The gelataria we found was rated four and a half stars out of five by over five hundred people. Assuming that this was the best place to go, we ventured over. We were proven right. Basically I will go back to that gelataria any chance we get. 

This next statement will be a bit risky; as good as gelato is I am still a huge fan of ice cream and I do not think I can be shaken from the fact ice cream is my choice dessert. For those of you that know me well, I would still go for an ice cream over gelato. If you do not know the difference, I will do my best to explain. Ice cream has more milk and less sugar, gelato has less milk and more sugar. Making ice cream, well, creamier and more delicious in my opinion. Gelato is similar to frozen custard, but imagine it being scooped out of a bin instead of swirled on your cone. I think I will record a gelataria next time so you all can fully understand. Do not get me wrong, I am in no way complaining about the gelato, it is delicious. 
GELATO 

My roommates and I out for gelato near the river

Here I am to say, in between travel weekends, I go to class, do homework, explore Florence, cook good food with friends and eat gelato and croissants. #livinthedream

No comments:

Post a Comment